Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Whatever!

I got nothin'.

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas if you are of that persuasion. I have strong feelings about inclusivity during this time of year. Too many people feel alone and sad during these cold nights. I just want to give everyone of every faith a great big hug.

Pardon my syncretization.

If you want to read some previous Christmas themed posts...

The Night the Animals Talked.....

For some reason, I always end up spending Christmas Eve with one of the Winkin', Blinkin' or Nod trio on the porch. This year it's Blinkin'. Last year it was Nod. Year before that, I think I actually spent the night nursing Winkin' through entero up in the shelter.

The Grinch Who Stole Christmahanukwanzakah

I can't tell you how very disappointed I am that this post from last year is still relevant.

Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum. ~Cicero
I find the mob and public opinion parts of this quote particularly relevant...and wish the absurd politics could be left out.

We need to bring our troops home from the "culture wars" as well.

So there is your sweet and sour. Take one. Take both. Find balance.

And no...ain't got no stinkin' babies yet. I'm afraid to let her off the porch because she'll probably go down the mountain and have them, and I'll be damned if I'm going to cross Big Creek in the dead of winter to scale up and carry kids back down the mountain.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hell! Can't you tell her that kids born early on Christmas are healthy, wealthy, and sexy?

    As to that link and all the "Christian" fussmakers, WTF do they have to do with Jesus, anyway?

    Grace and Peace, y'all; yeah, all y'all.

    JohnieB
    RTFM said...
    Any friend of Kirsty is a friend of mine... and I do like the way you write.

    Have a truly Merry Christmas and may your holidays be joyous... and may each of the coming years bring you more joy and happiness than the previous!
    Rosie said...
    I know, JohnieB...I'm crossing my fingers she goes ahead before midnight tonight. And she does seem to be getting closer. I do tend to get in a bit of a snit about religious hypocrisy. I'm very proud of my own denomination's actions over the past five years and hope it will serve as an example to others.

    Hey, Jargontalk...thanks for the compliment and wish you a very Merry Christmas indeed! If you send me your blog link, I'll visit!

    Kirsty is a good egg. I'm very happy to know her.

Post a Comment