Monday, January 29, 2007

Validation is Nice

I don't have much for you today.

It is bone chillingly cold here today. The snow started driving in around 3 a.m. and it was really vicious. I think it got near zero in the night. I fell asleep watching the TV and woke up to see all the bad weather activating my motion sensor lights outside.

I'm a big fan of motion sensor lights. Nothing pisses me off more than to see somebody put an unspeakably ugly light pole outside their house up on the mountain. If you want to live in a brightly lit place...move to the city. I like seeing my Milky Way in the pitch blackness of the wilderness.

I've named my little bottle baby, BossyToe. My friend Therese suggested Athena, since she did rather spring from Nod fully formed. But she's such a demanding little thing. I'm awash in infant diapers, bottles and onesies. Plus, I'm having to go out in the damn cold to milk Maggie for milk for BossyToe.

What's a bossy toe, you ask?

Well, you know how some people have a toe right next to the big toe that is longer than the big toe? Supposedly this means that person has an overbearing sort of personality. The longer the toe, the bossier the person is.

I'm working on redoing my Angel Dogs website. It's really hideously rococo and I suck at writing code. So I do it on Composer. It uses tables and I wanted to do a sleeker CSS page with more restrained colors and graphics. But CSS makes my head hurt. But I needed to do it so I've been working on it today. It's not live yet.

But I ran the W3C validator...and for the first time in my amateurish web design history...the damn thing validated! I think it's because I downloaded SeaMonkey and used the Composer on it rather than the Netscape one.

Anyway...I'm really flushed with success from having that web page validate.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Sorry if you want me on topic, Rosie, but do you know if Simone was attacked by a moray eel? If so, do you know if she was wearing protective clothing?
    Rosie said...
    Hey Chris...not ignoring you, just real busy.

    I don't know if she was actually attacked by one, but she and her boyfriend used to dive off of Catalina Island and would collect abalone. She said you had to be super careful because those big eels would be hiding out in crevices where you cut the abalone off of the rocks. I don't know what sort of protective clothing they had back then. This would have been pre-kevlar. I don't even think they had those mesh gloves then. I'm sure there was some sort of glove involved but that was just for the abalone.

Post a Comment