Friday, February 15, 2008

Today I'm nursing a banged up knee. Mutton got really excited yesterday when I pulled the feed sack out and went into his happy, happy, joy, joy dance--punctuating it with a playful--and very forceful--head butt with his big ole sheep horns. He's really pushing it. He doesn't realize how very much I want to experiment with western Kentucky barbecue techniques featuring the meat he is named after. His buddy, Chops, totally gets it and maintains a respectful distance.

Today's story is based on an actual cake lady in Atlanta. I'm not sure if she is still there or not. But she really did this. And I never went to see her, precisely because I expected the scenario in the story to play out. It's much nicer just imagining it happened.

Holiness Cake Lady



OOPs!

This rough draft has been taken down because...

The final was submitted and will be appearing in the April issue of Cautionary Tale.

I'll give you a link so you can read it as soon as it goes up on their site in all of its polished final draft glory.

5 Comments:

  1. Kristin said...
    i have nightmares where stuff like this happens : )
    I been loving these february stories - thanks Rosie!
    Anonymous said...
    Hilarious, considering her financial incentive in the opposite direction! Mammon meets God one on one and God scores for a change!
    threecollie said...
    Ummmm, guess I don't want to meet her...even if I should. I second the thanks for the stories
    Deanna said...
    This actually happened to mom at an ice cream shop once! OUCH!

    Great story! Sorry about the knee!
    Granny Sue said...
    Whoa. I value honesty, but...

    I tihnk I'm glad this lady is in your territory, not mine.

    Red Velvet cake...even God would have to approve of that.

Post a Comment