Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Dark Hole on FCAC

So, the past few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind with a busier than usual doctor-appointment-a-rama. Anyway--hope everyone had a joyous Turkey Day and a prosperous Black Friday.

So, I have a story out on Fried Chicken and Coffee. It's The Dark Hole. This is one of my rare short story length ones--4000 words--so bookmark it and sit down with a cup of joe when you have the time to sit and read. The Dark Hole was originally developed here on the blog back when I first started writing seriously. I think it was the first story that really made me feel I was ready to be a "real" writer (whatever that is). It's gone through a hundred or so rewrites, but it's still one of my early efforts that still moves me.

It's a dark tale, though--triggering for some people--dealing with what I call "the dark side of the mountain."

1 Comment:

  1. Leeuna said...
    Rosie, this story is one of my favorites. I love it and I still cried when I read it again.

    When!are you going to write a book? I would love to have a 500 page novel that you had written, in the same voice as this story was done.

    I really, really love your work. The only thing I don't like about your writing is when it ends. I keep wanting to read more!

Post a Comment