Monday, October 13, 2008

Wildlife in my Yard...

The place is jumping with wildlife this fall. Perhaps it's because the place has grown up so much now that I can't keep as many goats. I'm not sure, but yesterday I chased three big fat wild turkey hens down the mountain on the backside of the property. Then this morning, there were two whitetail does right in the driveway, just bold as brass. Mutton and Chops were leering at them like a couple of blinged up romeos on the make.

And just now, as I was typing away at a review, something slinked across the backyard. It was bigger or as big as Max. A bobcat--bold as brass. I went out on the back porch and she looked at me with that lynxy shorthair face--but bigger--their heads are really big. Anyway, she wasn't afraid of me at all. I left the camera in the car, unfortunately. But I guess that answers what happened to my guineas.

You have to register to comment here now. I've been getting visitors from Dumbfuckistan.

2 Comments:

  1. Margy Rydzynski said...
    Dumbfuckistan? Oh, you met my cousin!
    Jbeeky said...
    You should know my friend was at her wit's end the other day and wailed, "Why can't I go live with Rosie and her animals?" You are officially the place to go...

Post a Comment