Thursday, November 29, 2007


Max has been barking now for about four hours straight.

I think he probably said something nasty to the geese and the geese said something nasty back to him. Anyway, he's been barking at them from across the electric fence this entire time.

Max probably mentioned something about Christmas coming and the whole Christmas goose thing.

The geese are really smart and probably told him, "Uh...you got it all wrong. It's Christmas dog."

"Hehe...yeah, we're having cassoulet chien for Christmas. We already saw the menu. You're invited, Furball."

"Hehe...yeah....Furball. He said 'ball'."

For some reason, I always imagine my geese sounding like a smarter version of Beavis and Butthead.

Anyway, the geese have been hanging out just on the other side of the electric fence trading insults with Max for the past few hours. Every once in a while they'll turn away and appear to be whispering to each other. See, they know that Max can't come through the fence without getting zapped. Then, they'll pretend to ignore him. This drives Max crazy.

But they keep coming back, because dog torture is just too damn fun if you are a goose.

7 Comments:

  1. Sharon said...
    poor max! hahaha that's a funny exchange. I never thought of it before, but I think that goose quacking if "quacking" is the right word sounds like the Beavis and Butthead chuckle.

    Sharon
    Anonymous said...
    ROFLOL Rosie! You have to wonder what goes on in animals' heads.
    Anonymous said...
    Too funny! Do you butcher yourself or are you able to bring them somewhere for the processing?
    Rosie said...
    Hey Manerva,

    I don't actually eat these guys. I had about 25 of them on the place at one time. One of my guys took down a few and I tried it and didn't much care for it. It's very different from wild or domestic goose you buy in the store. Sort of gamey. I guess I didn't hang it long enough or something. I did find out that processing goose is way more bother than processing a chicken. There is so much down and it's really hard to pluck without it getting everywhere.
    Anonymous said...
    there is another view of the family that lives out in the yard!... hehehe

    Good one Rosie

    :)
    Hayden said...
    too funny! I'm always interested in the inter-species relationships that crop up - both the friendships and the antagonisms.

    btw, if you haven't visited http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com yet, you should. I think you'd like it.
    Galadriel said...
    Our horses do this, too, taunting the dogs from just across the fence. Sometimes they stand and look at them, and you can almost hear the laughter as they tease. Sometimes they sidle up to the fence right across from the dogs, grazing, acting as if they can't hear or see the dogs--who are shrieking their heads off and jumping at the fence.

    I think it must be fun for any prey species to be able to harass canines this way. "Nyah, nyah, you can't get me. I won't even bother to acknowledge you. Haaaaa haaa haaaaa!"

Post a Comment