Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yesterday I managed to manhandle Mutton up to the back porch and shear him. He's a much happier sheep now. Chops remains covered in wooliness and lays down to eat in the cool of the evening. It's sort of pathetic, but he's so skittish I will need to sneak up on him in the middle of the day while he's in the shed.

I thought all the roosters had been eaten. The guineas have been sticking close to home scouring the grass for ticks. Well, the two guineas that are left. But this evening, they were all up there with the guineas. Hopefully they have discovered the roosts. Rose took off with Yang and has taken him to her secret spot she disappears to. So, I haven't seen goats in about a week now. I will need to tie her back up when she shows up again.

I spent most of today in K-town doing the doctor thing. Traffic was dreadful, but I went by McKay's and bought some books. You know, their catalog system makes absolutely no sense. Someone will, I'm sure, explain it to me at some point and I'll feel dreadfully stupid, but for now--I'm just wondering how much acid they had to drop to come up with it.

We had one of our humongous pot busts here in Cocke County. It's the biggest one in five years. They found over 300,000 plants out in the Cherokee National Forest, but they were still little baby plants--2 months old. They are saying that the crop was being grown for a drug trafficking organization--which is to say they hired migrant workers to take care of the crop--just like the 'maters.

Anyway, there's an article on WBIR about it with the usual string of interesting comments--pro and con. There's one preacher man who says it's okay to cook with it cause the bible says it's okay--but it's a sin to smoke it. So--brownies--GOOD.

I'm still not sure where this was in relation to me, but they found it with the same helicopters that make everyone's life miserable all summer.

Kidneys are holding their own--so that's great news.

2 Comments:

  1. Mike Golch said...
    Rosie,glad to hear that you are doing well.
    I got some good news of my own,it would seem that the gallbladder surgery that we thought was need is not.after several tests the cat scan that said I had them was wrong.two more test showed not Gallstones and normal gall bladder functions.
    Unknown said...
    Rosie you sure do have a time with those critters of yours.

    I was glad to hear that you had good news from the Dr. Hope that keeps on for you.

    Now I want you to know, by my calculations 300,000 pot plants would make up quite a batch of brownies...lol

    Take care my friend. Have you heard anything from Scott? I hope he is adjusting well to his new home.

Post a Comment