Sunday, February 22, 2009

I got Panked!


So the snow starts falling about 2:30 a.m. last night/morning. Great whopping chunks of it and continued most of today. Pretty, but the roads are a mess. Not that I’ve been out in them. I just don’t drive when it gets like that. So, I’ve not been doing much today. Watched some Japanese feudal drama. Gonna check out the pretty people at the Oscars on TV tonight.

But Issue #3 of Pank is out and I have a story in it. They’ve also just started putting some stories online so you can read the experimental, bug inspired short I have up. My bug pieces are always popular. It’s called “Because Magicicadas Have No Mouths.

Cicadas were such a big part of my childhood. Something magical about leaving your skin behind. My Mom and I used to scream and squeal when they'd fly into our hair. Though Mom had it worse because she wore these big, backcombed hairdos with lots of hairspray. Little known fact--hair lacquer, the good, old kind, is made from crushed bugs, just like the shellac you get at the hardware. And it's so humid in Bluffton, that the hairspray was always a little on the tacky side. So bugs flying into it stuck real good. We have these giant flying cockroaches too. Swear to God.

Anyway...

And if you live in Chicago, you can pick up your very own copy at Quimby’s Bookstore.
Or you can order a Pank subscription online, HERE.

2 Comments:

  1. Tim Jones-Yelvington said...
    perhaps I shall swing by quimby's right this very afternoon.
    Galadriel said...
    The story at the link is titled, "BECAUSE MAGICICADAS HAVE NO EYES"--thought you'd want to know.

Post a Comment