Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ack. What I been up to...


Thems some of the pears I canned. I'm going to do more as soon as I get some gas money to go get some more sugar and pears. I think Pear Lady may still have them coming down--her tree was so loaded that she lost a huge branch out of the center. I'll visit her next Wednesday regardless.

Anyway...I've gotten 8 acceptances in the past ten day--two of them very prestigious and prompted me to yelp in an unprofessional manner and dance with the dogs when they came in. So, keeping up with the business end of the writing has been taking more time. Some of my best pieces are now off the market and I have to finish polishing others to add to the queue. I finally wrote the Dogs of Ashekelon story. It's really good and I think it is going to get snapped up very quickly.

The air conditioning unit remains busted. I've been waiting for six weeks for this guy to come fix it and I'm guessing that, despite his assurances (they lie like dogs here) that he will not be coming. I moved the futon couch into the living room because I've destroyed my left hip sleeping on the sofa.

My birthday is next week. Tuesday. I think I'm going to be 47. Does anyone else have a hard time remembering how old they are? Or am I just weird that way? I have to pull out the calculator to figure it out most of the time. I thought I'd done 47 already.

6 Comments:

  1. Jbeeky said...
    I love all these acceptance letters, you deserve them! Happy early birthday, I do the same thing!
    Bad Alice said...
    Hah, many's the time I've had to subtract my birth year from the current one to figure out where I am. Actually, this has made me wonder if I'm 43 or 42. Ah, yep, 42. If I forget my age, I'll forget my husband's too, because I know he's 5 years younger.

    Anyway, many congrats on the acceptances. I hope someone comes and fixes your airconditioner.
    Anne Johnson said...
    I'd rather have the acceptance letters than a working air conditioner, especially in September!
    Margy Rydzynski said...
    Now those are some nice pears! And kudos on the acceptances!
    Mallow said...
    Congratulations on the acceptance letters!! It's good that you yelped and danced around :)

    I forget my age too.. and how many years I've been married.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Rosie, Happy Birthday and congrats on your publication. The pears look delicious. I love home canned foods. The jars look so pretty and inviting. Take care and stay well.

    Hugs & Smiles
    Leeuna

Post a Comment