Monday, October 12, 2009

"Shiners" on RHP

For those of you who were wondering when I was going to write another fishing story--or another Lowcountry story--I offer "Shiners" up on issue #28 of Right Hand Pointing.

Right Hand Pointing is "an online literary journal of very brief pieces for smart people with short attention spans." While you are there, check out Len Joy's .pdf form piece, "Harlow Comes Home." Those things make my eyes hurt, but this one is worth the eyestrain. Check them all out--there's some wonderful work in this issue.

"Shiners" is set on a dock at night--perhaps somewhere in Beaufort County, S.C., perhaps even on the May River--and is about the thrill of vulnerability, stolen almost kisses, bluefish and bad boys. It's about that thing that joins moths, shiners and teenage girls--all flirting with a beautiful destruction.

2 Comments:

  1. Tim Jones-Yelvington said...
    I remember "Shiners." Gorgeous piece.
    Leeuna said...
    Hi Rosie. I just gave your blog an award. Come by my blog and pick it up. My Mind Wandered

    Hope you're having a great week, so far.

Post a Comment