Sunday, August 05, 2007

Well, I went out to the garden and dug some potatoes and picked some squash. I've just been generally a bit down today.

Then...I got stung by a wasp on my ear lobe and my face and neck swelled up pretty badly. I took a handful of benadryl right after it happened so I guess it could have been worse. I get stung about five times during the summer...but I seem to be having more and more serious reactions to the stings than I used to.

Anyway...I've been running around with my ear covered in meat tenderizer all day.

So...the air has been too hazy for picture taking....so I don't have a photo for you.

But I did make an apple pie.

I hope you are having a very happy Sunday.

3 Comments:

  1. Sue Doe-Nim said...
    Meat tenderizer?

    Really?

    I thought that was just for removing blood stains.
    Anne Johnson said...
    I had an extremely happy Sunday, thank you -- it was the best Druid Grove meeting of the year.

    I think that allergic reactions to stings become more serious the more you get stung. At least that's the old wives' tale I've heard. What a bugger of a place to be stung - earlobe!!!
    Goat Yoda said...
    Take a big Plantain leaf and chew it so it is good and mushy with spit.

    Put the wad of mushy Plantain leaf on the sting. Voila! no more sting.

Post a Comment