Monday, September 10, 2007

Afraid it's going to be a slow blog week, folks.

I'm crunching under a few deadlines and won't have much time to write for you.

Anyway...I did run across a 1936 newspaper article that caught my imagination when I was in the library. It was about the sentencing to the electric chair of the "Troubadour Gang" in Maynardsville, TN. I need to go back and read it again. It was sort of like the plotline of "Oh, Brother, Where art Thou?" Or at least it sounded like it could have been source material for it. These three guys supported themselves singing and playing music in between heists. I loved the style of the journalism...sort of film noir.

2 Comments:

  1. Sista Cala said...
    What a coincidence... TN is preparing to electrocute a prisioner in a few days.

    I haven't heard "prolly" in a long time. I enjoy reading your posts from time to time.
    KMTBERRY said...
    You can't write FAST enough for me. If you wrote this blog all day long, it wouldn't be enough.

    So I will just be patient....good luck meeting your deadlines!!

Post a Comment