Monday, March 03, 2008

Folks have been so nice and giving me all sorts of memes Awards! over the month of February while I've been deep in my moody writer's funk. So--I'm going to spend a few days to a week catching up on who's loving me now!

First up, I'd just like to acknowledge ThreeCollie over at Northview Diary, for being so kind as to plug the Short and Sweet Story Month. She posted on February 8th and helped let people know. And as all you guys know--people should go ahead and read them now, because you never know when I'm going to take them down to throw into edit status. ThreeCollie has a wonderful rural blog coming out of her New York State dairy farm. Lots of great cow and ag stuff.

Colleague Val Gryphyn over at her writing site honored me with a High-Five on February 15th.

The purpose of this meme is to give high-fives to 5 people, posts, blogs and/or websites you’ve admired during the week, so who are YOUR High-Fives? Post them to your blog and then Share the love.

In no particular order:

1. Arse Poetica, sent me over to one of my new favorite places--Barack Obama Is Your New Bicycle. When I first went there, he was so nice that he saved his dessert for me. Just now--he mailed me a Valentine! Okay, it's late, but it's the thought that counts.

2. DC Comictician on Star Trekiology is what happens when a fundamentalist religious sect springs up around the worship of DC Comics and the Star Trek franchise. The blog posts have eerie correlations to current events. If you haven't tasted Elvis Drinkmo's coolaid--go on over there and get yourself a big ole dixie cup.

3. If you love my stories--you'll adore The Moonlit Road.

Ghost stories haunt the moonlit backroads of the American South. Their roots in Southern culture and folklore are deep. Each month, The Moonlit Road brings you these ghost stories and other strange Southern folktales, told by the region's best storytellers.
4. Karen Road Chronicles. Jbeeky is one of the funniest mombloggers out there writing with humor about some very serious issues in her life. She's got an edge on her, no doubt, but she often has me in stitches--sometimes guiltily so. She has a good understanding of the nature of comedy--it has to be painful to be good.
"If I was anymore Zen I would kill all of you in a psychotic rage. Oh wait...."
5. Tara over at Hobo Stripper is one of the finest writers on the net. She also has one of the most interesting lives on the net. She lives in a van--much of the time in Alaska--and is an expert in herbs and wildcrafting. And she's a stripper, writing about stripping while living in a van with her dog Bro. I have no idea why NPR hasn't featured her or why she hasn't got a big fat book contract. I find her life fascinating and I think a whole lot of other folks do too.

Meme Award! Disclaimer Some people hate these and some people love them. It's always an honor to be remembered by folks and we all appreciate it--and our Technorati rating goes up when we meme Award! people. But--I do not require anyone to participate in these. You are totally free just to lay back and accept the meme Award! love. Usually, I do a huge link cloud, but since I have so many of these to knock out this week, I'm going to follow the rules as best I can on these. If you have been thinking of tagging me with something--this is a good week to do it.

5 Comments:

  1. threecollie said...
    I enjoyed those stories so much...thanks again for letting us read them
    Anonymous said...
    Oooh, thanks. :-) I dunno if NPR takes strippers. LOL

    So, am I supposed to do this on Friday now, or just whenever?
    Jbeeky said...
    I am so honored! What a lovely pick me up! Thank you!
    Anonymous said...
    Hoho! I have sucked you in muhahahahahahaha!!!! You will now be pounced on every Friday ;) (Ok not really, but it's a pretty cool meme if you want to keep doing it ;)
    Elvis Drinkmo said...
    Thanks, Rosie!

    You know, I actually had a nightmare the other that we were five hundred years into the future and people were being burned to the stake for reading Marvel Comics and hanged for not declaring out loud that Barbara Gordon was the true Batgirl. And that people believed Elvis Drinkmo was a real person who spoke with Superman and Captain Kirk. And that future emperors were being sworn in on the Batman Chronicles and calling themselves "the Elvis".

    I woke up in a cold sweat and thought, what have I done?

Post a Comment