Sunday, May 04, 2008




Today I received a Chinese curse in my fortune cookie. I didn't eat it in hopes of it not coming true. I don't want my life to be any more thrilling than it has been. Scott almost got into a fist fight in the middle of the Chinese. Not his fault, the guy just wouldn't leave him alone and seemed determined to start something. Luckily, a sheriff's dept. employee was there to keep the idiot off of him.

On the way home, I saw a whorehouse they had painted then turned into a church. The placard on the outside said, "Jesus redeemed us from the scourge of the law." Am I the only one who sees the irony in that?

Happy Sunday.

5 Comments:

  1. Deanna said...
    Wow! An exciting Sunday!
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Rosie,
    Bebe Goat is adorable.

    I am so proud of you for getting your stories published in such a prestiegious magazine. You go girl!

    So sorry that your friend Scott is having such a rotten time of things. I hope it gets better soon.

    Take care and have a great week.

    Hugs
    Leeuna
    Audubon Ron said...
    Sorry to read about Friend Scott.

    On Chinese fortune cookies: I just can’t believe them, anymore than astrology. But they can be entertaining. At the end of the fortune add the words, “between the sheets.” Example: “Life will give you great fortune – between the sheets.”

    Congrats on the magazine.
    Anonymous said...
    Yeah, I guess there could be more than one kind of law there...

    A good way to remove all anxiety, or, for that matter, pleasure around fortune cookies, is to have a friend when you're in high school whose mom and dad own a Chinese restaurant and they often seem to order more fortune cookies than they need and once in a while you and your friend end up sitting at a table talking while mindlessly scarfing down maybe 30 or 40 fortune cookies each because you're sixteen and you're at least always fairly hungry if you didn't eat within the hour and there always seem to be fortune cookies...

    After a while there's really no incentive to keep reading the little slips of paper... the type's so small...
    Goat Yoda said...
    I've about got 6 males guineas caught up for you- you'll have to keep them up for at least 6 weekd to make sure they stay on your place, but they will make lot's of nice noise- I'll have to tell you my stories with guineas and dog and alcoholic neighbor in the past two days-

    so what was up with Scott? Call me!!!

Post a Comment