Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update

I tried to sleep, but couldn't last night. My arm was on fire and my state of mind not good. So, I called 911 and asked that an ambulance come and get me.

The pain was the worst I had ever felt. I am on very intimate terms with pain. It was worse than pancreatitis, worse than appendicitis--worse than having my chest split open. I began to fear that I would lose the use of that arm, my left one.

They gave me a shot of dilaudid and it took a long time to work. For a moment, I thought I would be left with that burning, but finally I stopped yelping and crying and rested there in the cubicle of the ER. This morning they did an ultrasound. No clots, but big pockets of blood just sitting there under my skin.

Betsy came and picked me up. Went to the pharmacy and got medicine more efficacious than the last. I'm home now and about to lay down. I'm tired.

More doctors tomorrow.

9 Comments:

  1. Omnibabe said...
    Aw, jeeze, Rosie! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Prayers sent your way in the meantime.
    Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...
    Oh! Rosie. I am so sorry you are in such pain. I hope you are getting in under control. I hope you have some help you can call upon to get done what needs to be done at home for you and your animals.
    Margy Rydzynski said...
    Hang in there, lady. Drop me an email (margy@maggie-della.com) if you have the energy, to let me know how you're doing. Hugs.
    threecollie said...
    Oh Rosie, so sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope they can get you fixed up so you don't hurt so much.
    Peggy said...
    sending up prayers Rosie. Wish I lived closer so I could help around the farm. Hope UT can do more and keep the pain away for you. Let us know how it goes.
    Anonymous said...
    Rosie,

    My prayers are with you. I hope the doctors diagnose your pain's source and treat the cause ASAP.
    Anonymous said...
    get well, get well soon!

    >^..^<
    Anonymous said...
    I send Comfort and Peace and Love. I pray the house and the property and the animals are surrounded by Grace and Safety. I pray that you receive benefit towards speedy recovery and you are surrounded by Grace and Safety and Healing.

    Rest well when you can, know in your mind, body and soul that you are receiving true caring concerns and they envelope you bringing comfort and healing.

    ^5 (no, not with that arm, the other one, the one that can reach up and catch the love and true concern I am sending)

    LOVE



    SKY
    Mike Golch said...
    I will keep you in my prayer,I,m afraid that is the best that I can do.I'm sorry that you are in such pain.I know that type of pain.I hope that I never find myself in that place again.

Post a Comment