Tuesday, May 27, 2008


You know, when I was a make-up artist I used to like to take pictures of people like me with our dreadful injuries. Research. Anyway--that's the lower part of the bleed--it goes all the way up to my shoulder. I'll be glad when it's finally well enough for me to fix the lawnmower and mow my grass. My yard looks like a hay field and the goat can't keep up with it.

Anyway, I was back at UT today to see the eye surgeon. No, the sight's not coming back, but at least the swelling in the retina is going down. This visit was much better than the last trip.

Been very busy getting ready for the stuff being published next month. Catching up on submissions, collecting rejections--same old stuff.

11 Comments:

  1. Mike Golch said...
    hope you feel better soon.Prayres your way.
    Anonymous said...
    oh! I do certainly hope and pray that healing is progressing nicely and all returns to good use. I send healing and grace and safety.

    and Love and caring too..


    LOVE


    SKY
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Rosie,
    That hurt, just looking at it. I can imagine YOUR pain. I hope you feel better real soon.
    I wish I lived near you and Hubby could come mow your yard. However, if you've read my last post on my blog you might not want him to. :)

    Take care and get well.

    Love and prayers
    Leeuna
    threecollie said...
    OMG, that is horrible. No wonder you have been in such horrible pain. I really, really hope that gets better real soon.
    Omnibabe said...
    Damn, Rosie. Take good care of yourself.

    Big hugs!
    aaron ambrose said...
    holy crap! when you say you "took a bad fall" does that mean you fell of a cliff? eeeeeee.....heres hoping the pain is less every day....
    cheers darlin'
    Anonymous said...
    Oh sugar.

    Now you're the blue meat.
    Anonymous said...
    Rosie, your arm looks god awful. Here's a prayer for speedy improvement.
    Nancy said...
    Ah Rosie! You remind me of why I am so afraid of falling. I'm glad to see the bruises look like they've turned the corner towards healing.

    You are going to be a rainbow.

    Standing in a cloud of butterflies. That would be a wonderous experience.
    Granny Sue said...
    Echoing the others, Rosie. My first reaction was 'good God.' I can only try to imagine what that feels like. and then there's your eye. How do you even manage to keep writing? I hope your recovery is quick; hugs to you.
    Anonymous said...
    ... damnation, woman.... get well soon!...

    Eric

Post a Comment