Saturday, April 26, 2008

This just in--Baby Goat!


I was still asleep when she started hollering. But I'd left the balcony door open for just such a reason, so she woke me up. It's her first time freshening so she was pretty indignant about it.

So, Rose Goat ends up having this hugantic buck. He's basically Leonard with a white topnot. He did absolutely nothing to help--I did have to give a few tugs to get his enormous head out. Betsy stayed on the phone with me to talk me through it, since I sort of thought for a moment there that we would have a hard time of it.

But everything was okay. He's got all his parts. Rose has plenty of colostrum and he's been filling up. It was a nice morning for a kidding.






10 Comments:

  1. Karen Smithey said...
    He does look very big--glad it went well...
    GUYK said...
    Looks like a healthy kid.
    Anonymous said...
    He's huge—and very handsome. Glad things went well.
    Lee said...
    awwwwwww! how sweet :) glad it went smoothly for everyone!!
    Peggy said...
    congrats!! what a handsome big buckling! I will let Blinkin know she is a grandma
    threecollie said...
    Congratulations to all.
    Nancy said...
    That is indeed a big buckling!

    Rosie, I've sent something to the paypal button, and please, rather than the cocker rescue, could you give it to Friend Scott?

    Humm not a bad name for the buckling "Friend Scott".
    Granny Sue said...
    Congratulations, Rosie! I know you were worried about her. I'm glad the birthing went well.
    Unknown said...
    Rose sure does look like she is going to be a good Mama. Beautiful little one Rosie.
    Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...
    Nice wee goat. Good she had only one, for her first kidding. She can polish her mothering giving it her full attention.

Post a Comment