Friday, October 26, 2007

I Got Nothin'!!!

So, so sorry...I don't have a food article for you today.

I did have an amazing Shrimp Po-Boy at the Shrimp Dock in Knoxville, but I was so hungry that I forgot to take pictures of it. You'll just have to trust me...it was really yummy.

Anyway, I was in for my kidney doctor checkup at UT. He comes in by himself and sits down next to me...this is never a good sign. I much prefer it when they breeze in with a gang of baby doctors in tow. I love baby doctors...they are just so cute!

So, I'm shedding like a gram of protein in my urine every 24 hours. This is evidently a lot. Evidently, if it doesn't stop it, my kidneys will start to fail. Anyway, he wants a kidney biopsy. Now, the last time I had a biopsy, I ended up in the hospital in a coma for six months with a gang of nonsocomial infections and had to learn how to walk again.

So naturally, I am a bit reticent about saying, "Why sure, doc...go ahead and stick a great whopping needle in my innards! Sounds like fun to me!"

He tells me this isn't a big deal and I even get to be awake for it! It's an outpatient procedure...but sometimes they keep people overnight. So, I guess which one clotting disorder chick gets to be.

So, I'm sitting there and I feel that stupid thing my chin starts to do when it crumples up and then that hot heavy feeling in my eyes.

I say, brokenly, "Well....you know.,..it's just...it's just...well, every time I walk in a hospital I wonder if I'm ever going to get to go home again."

He pats me on the back and I don't feel better. I'm afraid.

And the crappy thing about it is...I felt so good today. I really did. I still do.

So, I convince him to give me another month. To try to do another draw in a few weeks and come back. It's more to give me the time to get used to the idea of having this done. And to give me a bit more time to hope that maybe this is just lupus weirdness and it will correct itself.

So, I guess I'd better get writing...'cause it looks like I've been handed my deadline.

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You're in my prayers, Rosie, for healing and health and NO more needles!
    Leeuna said...
    Rosie, I hope all will be well. I am sending lots of love and prayers your way. Take care and be kind to yourself.

    love ya
    Leeuna
    Anonymous said...
    Is there anything to say?

    Love, hugs?

    Totally insufficient.
    GUYK said...
    Here is hoping for the best for you Rosie..
    Omnibabe said...
    If you need me, I'd be happy to come down and hold your hand through the whole thing, Rosie... and I'll be holding you up in prayer in the meantime.

    Be well, my friend.
    Kristin said...
    Much love Rosie.

    Like Sue, I'm not sure what to say.

    'tis the season for doctors and hospitals i think.
    wen said...
    sending you lots of wellness vibes!

    i've heard that one thing that can make your urine have excess protein in it is if you're on a low carb type diet and eating a ton of protein. no idea how much that would be in comparison to what your numbers are but if you've been neglecting the carbs and veggies, maybe that is part of what's up. of course, i'm not a doctor (well, not an md at any rate).

    regardless, i feel for you and you're in my thoughts. please keep us posted!

Post a Comment