Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Wrath of God

Today I've been busy coordinating a possible placement for a Chokkit(chocolate) cocker spaniel who ended up at the Newport shelter. I think we may have a "go" on that--I'll know more tomorrow. He's the same age as Max--but without the crazy. I love Max to pieces but he's just really hard to place.

I stopped by and chatted with Scott for a while.

See, I thought he might have gone to the viewing for the guy who coshed his head in. That would be a very Friend Scott sort of thing to do and it would have been entirely earnest and respectful. Scott is always going on about what a nice guy the head cosher was.

"Well, except head bashing part." I said.

Anyway, he was warned off attending so he didn't go. He wanted to pay his respects, but he didn't get to, which is probably for the best.

Fights do break out here at funerals every once in a while.

Today's story is about...



The Wrath of God


The polished, final draft of this story has been accepted for publication. In keeping with the SMB's policy, this rough has been removed.

I will provide linkage where you may purchase the magazine or read the story in its final draft form on publication.

5 Comments:

  1. threecollie said...
    I hope you don't mind that I linked to you today to share these wonderful stories. I am enjoying them so much!
    Omnibabe said...
    Masterful. Just perfect.
    Peggy said...
    yeah! your blog finally loaded for me. Now I got some catching up to do. Have a great weekend. BossyToes sends lots of snuggles. She has adopted William as her snuggle buddy at the moment.
    Unknown said...
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful gift.
    Jbeeky said...
    What a wonderful piece. Thank you!

Post a Comment