Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Got Nothin'


The power's been off most of today so I didn't get much writing or visiting done through the internet tubes. Tomorrow is market day...so much the same for tomorrow. Market day is every third Wednesday. It makes me cranky.

So here's another piccy of Bridey. They are getting so big that I can barely pick them up. I need to go get the weaning pen and shelter ready. It's almost that time.

I think Bridey's mom had a miscarriage. Which is okay...it's a bit soon for her to turn around and have another.

I got nothin'. Lots planned but nothin'. Maybe try to make it to snakehandling church this Saturday on a recce'.

5 Comments:

  1. Mallow said...
    We are together with our nothin'ness.. I had plans for today, but ended up with nothin'. Hope you will be back on the grid soon.
    Michelle said...
    I hadn't thought much about goat miscarriage... since they take so long to show how do you know if it's a miscarriage?

    Shopping day leaves me cranky too. Good luck!
    Goat Yoda said...
    I'm pretty much useless too.....sigh...
    Karen Smithey said...
    I'm ALWAYS useless...

    Big baby goat has a dent in his head between eye and horn. I'm assuming he crashed into something that went right through hair and skin and into bone, since it's not a bite or a cut. But it goes right into his skull! So that's been my thing the last two days--watching his eye swell shut, putting on antibiotic cream, and (HA!) trying to hot soak it.
    Rosie said...
    Hey BBM...she isn't too preggers. She would have been bred back around mid to late February. She's had some bloody discharge...not much but enough to make me suspicious. She's a pretty crappy mom and I have Bridey out of her so I'm cool with her waiting until next breeding season. I didn't actually want any of them to breed back. I only learned from the goat yoda recently that they go back into heat two weeks after freshening.

    Sigh.

Post a Comment