Tuesday, July 17, 2007

8 Random Facts Meme

SusieQ has tagged me for a meme. I'm to write eight random facts about myself.

Now don't all excited about me doing Susie's meme and think you can tag me for your next meme. I am indeed sort of meme'd out. But, I was really sick all day yesterday and I'm still a bit fragile today, and other than Black's Market getting broken into over the weekend, it's a slow news day in Grassy Fork.

Here are the meme rules, which I am going to totally break.

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


I'm not tagging anyone. Instead, in keeping with the spirit of memes in general, I'll just post some random links of some of my favorite bloggers to spread the free link love. If you want to pick up the meme...it's your choice.

Random Facts about Rosie

1. She likes to eat Raisinettes dumped in her popcorn at the movie theater. It's the only place she does this. So if she has a really bad craving...she might actually go see a crappy movie just to have the popcorn and Raisinettes.

2. Christopher Reeve once kissed her. (Okay, it was a friendly goodbye kiss, but it absolutely was a kiss!)

3. She has a much shorter life expectancy than most people....which is why she's trying to write so much, so fast and doesn't care if it gets picked up by publishers...who has time to wait for the submissions process? Not her.

4. She has a huge crush on Anthony Bourdain. We are talking about a giggling, blushing, sighing, sick-making size crush.

5. She was married to a Brit. She has no idea what happened to him or where he is now. But she remembers him fondly.

6. She holds grudges. But she's very tolerant and forgiving, so it has to be something really egregious to pull a grudge into play.

7. She has some letters her mother wrote her before she died. She takes them out and reads them and cries.

8. She wishes people wouldn't waste so much of their precious life on being mean. Or if they must...that they'd leave her out of it. Yes...I mean you and you know who you are.


*****************************

Here's my little link cloud. I'm sorry if I left some of you out, but there are ever so many of you! Consider yourself tagged if you want to do the meme....or just sit back and soak up the link love. Maybe I'll start a trend with the no strings meme.

BusyBusyMomma, Erica, Bonnie, Mallow, Betsy, Peggy, Kazari-Lu, jbeeky, Kees, Leslie, Momma, googiebaba, Samuel, Paul, Ellamama, BlueMountainMama, Eric, Anne, Erin, Nezua,
V-Man, Manerva, Ron, ThreeCollie, Chad, Alice......

15 Comments:

  1. Erica said...
    You are absolutely one of my favorite peeps, ever. This post just further cemented that (even though you *did* tag me -- Oy!).

    So, tell me...is there anything I, of the measly pauper's wage, can personally do to considerably extend your "much shorter life expectancy than most people," 'cause that was really depressing, and I hated reading it.
    Mallow said...
    Ditto on #8 except for the very last part...
    and I like Anthony Bourdain too.
    I'm tagged for a meme? That's a first!
    Kristin said...
    Thankyou for sharing the love around! I hope you know I stop by here every time I get on the computer. (That's pretty much every day, I'm such a geek)

    About the life expectancy thing. My dad said (talking about work, but never mind) "You can have 20 years experience, or 1 year's experience 20 times over."
    It's what you do with it that counts. I think you'll fit more living in than many people that live to 100.
    Audubon Ron said...
    Meme accomplished.
    bonnie said...
    Agh! Doubletagged! You and the BillyBlogger.

    Mine won't be as nice as yours though. Although there may be some entertaining moments, as I'm going to blend the 8 Random Facts Meme with the 7 Little Known Facts About Me BillyBlogger had ALSO tagged me with.
    Omnibabe said...
    Thanks for the tag. Unfortunately, I've done this meme two different times already. Hit me for the next one, 'k?

    BTW -- You're one of my faves, too.
    Mrs. Geezerette said...
    Rosie, thanks for going along with me on this meme.

    About your much shorter life expectancy, the doctor told my grandmother that my father, who was a small boy at the time, would not live long enough to grow up into a man. My father was 80 years old when he passed away. The doctor was wrong. I hope the same for you.

    Christopher Reeve was a beautiful man. Goodbye kiss or not, you were so lucky to have had him kiss you.

    No. 7...what can I say to that except it is touching.

    Hugs to you from
    SusieQ
    bonnie said...
    Right. Done. Phew. Now if I just do my Thinking Blogger thing I'm done!

    main thinking blogger nominee would be "some amusing blog pun" but I don't know if I'll ever get to that! .
    Anne Johnson said...
    Shorter life expectancy is alarming, cuz yo, you be a sweetie. I think I did this meme, although it got tedious writing "I love buzzards" 8 times.
    samuel said...
    Finally finished this, though I'm none too proud of my boring eight things. And the Bourdain thing, I could totally hang out with him and drink myself stupid following him around. However, I can't imagine him being someone with whom a relationship would be fun.
    Bad Alice said...
    I like to watch Anthony Bourdain eat disgusting weird food in exotic places. I was mesmerized by one show on which he ate a giant caterpillar. In Manilla, I think.

    I will have to try this meme if I can get up the energy instead of collapsing in front of the TV to watch another episode of The Closer.
    Rosie said...
    Thanks to all who picked up the meme...as I said...completely optional. I think when I get tagged in the future...I'll just do this no-strings thing. Links are good!

    Erica...just keep being your same irrepressible self...You are one of my fav's too.

    I thought I'd tagged you before, Mallow?

    LOL...Anne! My buzzard loving pal!

    Yes, Samuel...I totally agree about Bourdain. But it's that bad boy thing.

    Hugs...Rosie
    Rosie said...
    Oh Alice...yes...the beating raw cobra heart is one of my fav's...or the masticated by the womenfolk beer in Peru.
    Ellamama said...
    Thanks Rosie, Thanks for drawing me out of my shell.

    Anthony Bourdain, yes. A bad boy. I used to like them that way.
    Anonymous said...
    Ooops! Rosie I totally forgot to tell you I did the meme. You are such a sweetheart for including me.

Post a Comment