Sunday, July 15, 2007


An Old "Footlog"

I had some old film developed. This picture was taken very early one spring. I don't know if you remember me talking about "footlogs". Basically, bridges over the creeks would be built using two locust logs and then nailing planks over them. The usage of the term "footlog" continues here even for modern foot bridges of metal. I actually didn't quite know what I was photographing when I took this shot. Now I do.

It's the ruin of one of the original "footlogs".

I hope you are having a very happy Sunday.

1 Comment:

  1. Mrs. Geezerette said...
    Interesting piece of folk history with the footlogs. My Sunday was a happy one indeed.

    Rosanne, I have a feeling you've had this happen to you before, but it's new to me. I promise not to do it again but... You've been tagged!

    I guess I'm supposed to direct you to my blog, and then your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to read the "rules" and write 8 random things about yourself.

    Don't feel obligated though. But you might like to read the brief write-up I did on you at my blog. I hope I did you and your blog justice.

Post a Comment