Thursday, September 27, 2007

Secret Scribblings Teaser

Taking a break to work on my super secret squirrel stories.

But thought I'd offer a research teaser for one that I might run next month.

It involves....

My grandfather who worked on the Southern Railroad and worked the trains round these parts. (Actual grandfather and actual train pictured.)

and....

The Carolina Special and the New Market Train Wreck.

and...

The mysterious white cross poised on the cliff above the river in Newport...the ACTUAL story...not the one everyone likes to tell.....

I'm still smushing these together into a bit of fiction....but it feels good. But they always do...even the crappy ones at first so we'll see how it goes.

Also...if anyone has Charlie Oat's lyrics to "The New Market Wreck" laying around...I'd love to see them.

3 Comments:

  1. Velociman said...
    Here's another good train wreck:
    http://www.velociworld.com/Velociblog/Oldvelocity/000408.html

    Nothing like a good train wreck...
    Sue Doe-Nim said...
    http://jc-schools.net/nms/TRAINHISTORY.htm
    Deanna said...
    My mom's grandfather also worked on the railroad!

Post a Comment