Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fat Buddy Sick Again...

I've been nursing Fat Buddy over the past few days. We go see the vet tomorrow. I'm a little afraid he has cancer, since his lumpy bits seem to be a bit out of control. He's been in a lot of pain, mostly in his mouth and I've had him on antibiotics, then pain killers for the past few days. After getting his teeth done, he was on the antibiotics for a month. But then he got sore again so I put him back on them. The infection cleared again, but now it's back. And he's really uncomfortable this time.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what to do. If it is cancer, I will just keep him on painkillers until he stops being excited about the things he loves most. Mainly snacks. He's still quite keen on his snacks. Unfortunately, the infection means we can't put him on prednisone. That was what made the lumps go away when I first got him.

I'm hoping if we put him back on the clindamycin that, maybe, I can keep him going a bit longer. Fat Buddy owns such a big piece of real estate in the vicinity of my heart, that I know its going to just about kill me if he dies.

I don't have no stinkin' food article for tomorrow--actually for the next few weeks. I'm willing to open up the blog for guest food bloggers for the next few weeks. Email me if anyone is interested. Of course, you get reciprocal linkage and that's good for your blog.

5 Comments:

  1. Leeuna said...
    Hi Rosie,
    So sorry to hear that Fat Buddy is sick again. I know what you're feeling. These little fur babies can break your heart worse than anything. I hope he gets well and it isn't anything life threatening.

    Leeuna
    Omnibabe said...
    Oh, Rosie! Give Fat Buddy a kiss between the ears from me, and consider yourself bear-hugged, okay?
    Anonymous said...
    I'll give you schnitzel, it's what I'm making for dinner tonight.

    Oh. And a hug too.

    This dog business can be heartbreaking.
    threecollie said...
    So very sorry...hope you and your vet can work something out for the poor guy
    Hayden said...
    oh, rosie, rosie - I'm so sorry. I hope he hangs in there for as long as possible.

Post a Comment