Sunday, January 27, 2008


Yesterday Sonya, my ex-goat, had her very first kid! Peggy called me all excited. Sonya dropped it in the field, but all was well. A little buckling. He's a nice combination of Leonard and Sonya. He has Sonya's eyes and spots, and Leonard's stripe down his back.



He's in the house now being spoiled rotten. Peggy says Sonya and he did very well at the mother and baby thing. It looks like this may be the beginning of Peggy's kidding storm. I expect that Didi won't be far behind in her delivery--and Peggy's Sammi is about to pop any minute now.

If you want to share the anticipation of the kidding season, do head over to Hidden Haven Homestead for all of the adorable baby goat cuteness you can stand!

Happy Sunday!

11 Comments:

  1. Erica said...
    Mazel tov!! What a cutie. It's amazing to think that something that size could actually pass through a mammal's vaginal canal. Ye gods, that would thrash the hell outta me.
    Peggy said...
    Windy spent the day with Sonya. They both are doing fine. We will bring him back in tonight just to make me feel better. :)
    Hayden said...
    just adorable.
    aaron ambrose said...
    wow...i must say, thats a good lookin' goat! he's gonna be handsome.
    cheers!
    Leeuna said...
    What a baby doll. I'm going to visit Peggy's blog and see more photos.
    It's wonderful that you can still keep updated on their progress. I know you miss them, but I'm sure this helps.

    Have a good week.
    Leeuna
    Audubon Ron said...
    Hey happy Sunday, neat goat.
    Peggy said...
    DiDi had twin bucklings. A VERY rough delivery but all seem to be doing well now. She had me worried we would lose her and the kids for awhile last night.
    Mary said...
    Too cute for words. Is he Nubian?
    How ya been Rosie? We are living in Montana these days (& may God have mercy on us) I have forgotten what it is to be warm.
    Mattie / farmlife
    Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...
    I just read Peggy's latest post You definitely passed on your goat delivery problems just in time. . . .and to the perfect goat midwife! LOL
    Peggy said...
    Gave her the injection. Was waiting to ask the vet if it would mess up her nursing. After the colestrum she has no milk at all. Called a vet and they think babies got all the nutrition so we are giving her extra feed, molasses, vitamins. The swelling has gone down wonderfully and she is eating and drinking. She doesn't want anything to do with the boys. She steps on them to get away so we are keeping them in the house and bottle feeding for now. She acts like she never had a baby except for looking so skinny. She still comes up to me when I go out to check her to give me kisses so I have to give her a cookie. :) The boys are doing GREAT!
    Rosie said...
    Yes, he's a cutie. Mary! Yes, he's a Nubian. Email me--we need to catch up--Montana?

Post a Comment