Sunday, January 20, 2008


I went off the mountain this morning to get some milk down at the Citgo. I actually didn't get up until noon this morning and didn't really take note of the coldness until I went out. After yesterday's two hours of snow, today was bright and sunny--but very cold at this elevation. One nice thing about the sheep. They are very pretty out there with snow blowing on them. They have shelter, but being Shetland sheep, they don't seem to mind the cold. And I don't worry so much about them in their four inch thick fleeces like I did the goats. Goats shiver in the cold and look miserable and you feel guilty that you can't bring them in the house.

I was surprised that the creek was coated with a slick of ice in the sun. The clarity of the water is so amazing at this time of year and I'm soothed by its brilliance. It's a nice change from the stagnant pools the drought caused all summer long.

Happy Sunday. Stay warm.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi. I stumbled upon your blog. The pictures are breathtaking. I think I would like very much to live in the mountains some day.

    Have a lovely Monday.
    Anne Johnson said...
    I am freezing my fingers off. Where is Friend Scott in this cold?

    PS - I finally blocked Billy (I hope, I followed your directions), so come and see me!
    Unknown said...
    I followed a link to your site and have been enjoying what I have found. Please come by and visit when you have a chance.

Post a Comment